We hear improvement, and sometimes we immediately assume that any change, whether for our betterment or not is going to be ridiculously daunting. What we’ve included below are five easy fixes that will drastically improve your quality of life. Think of them less as challenges, but more as mere reminders to make the most balanced choices possible.
- Eat Breakfast (Eat Well): You’d be surprised how much this can change your day. Eating a proper breakfast, or at the very least, eating something in the morning can drastically improve your energy levels, not to mention it will increase your work productivity.
- Outsource Chores and Taxes: Do you like filling out your taxes? What about folding socks and pajama pants? Don’t forget about those feisty fitted sheets. Both of these tasks are huge time and mood suckers. Don’t waste valuable time and energy on the things that don’t fulfill you.
- Dress for Success: Yoga pants are comfortable and all, but they can keep you in a lazy mood. If you’re feeling sluggish, dress up a little bit. Do your makeup, curl your hair. You’d be surprised how much that can help.
- Track Your Mood: You could keep a physical notebook, or download one of the many apps on the market. Mood changes can be indicative of your overall health, so keeping track of both in relation to each other can help you make better dietary and lifestyle choices.
- Do something you love once a week: We get bogged down by the commitments and requirements of the work week and our community responsibilities. Often we sacrifice enjoying the little things we love so that we can accomplish something greater. While prioritizing is essential to success, there is nothing wrong with taking an hour to go on your favorite walk or to watch your favorite show. Whatever you choose to do, just have fun!
How daunting was that? Share your progress in the comments below!